I’ve seen this tag floating around lately, so I thought I would get on it.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017
I adored the heck out of this book. It’s SO good, and I urge everyone to add it to their TBRs.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017
I haven’t read that many sequels this year, so this was an easy one. It was a great and fitting finale, which has got me so pumped for the companion stories next year.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to
I was so excited to dive into ACOL as soon as it came out, but because of circumstances, I have yet to read it. I know I’m going to love it. I just need to pick it up .
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
I want this book with every fibre of my being. I’m so envious of anyone who’s managed to get an ARC. 😭
5. Biggest disappointment
I was really looking forward to The Circle since I’ve heard so many good things about it. However I realised quite early on that it wasn’t for me. But me being me, I tried to push myself to finish it and I just couldn’t do it. This book was awful and I’m so glad I decided to DNF it.
6. Biggest surprise
I was so surprised by how much I ended up loving The Fifth Season, especially with how confusing the beginning was. But as soon as things clicked into place, I couldn’t put it down.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
John Gwynne & N. K. Jemisin
8. Newest fictional crush
I haven’t found one yet. No one has come close to my bae Rhysand.
9. Newest favourite character
Cassian (ACOTAR), Cwynne (The Faithful and the Fallen) and Inej (Six of Crows)
10. Book that made you cry
I never cry in books, but Malice and A Court of Wings and Ruin are the only books I’ve come close to.
11. Book that made you happy
I had a big goofy smile the whole time I was reading this. I’d highly recommend them if you’re looking for a laugh.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I haven’t watched any film adaptations I like this year, so I’m going to mention a TV one instead. And that would be Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was excellently done and I can’t wait for season two.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
This book is unbelievably gorgeous. I can’t stop staring at it from my shelves.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I did a whole post on all the books I wanna read here if you wanna check it out.
14 Favourite Book Community Member (Blogger, Booktuber and Bookstagrammer)
Anyone whose ever followed, liked or commented on anything I’ve done, is my favourite person. So thank you.
As always, thanks for reading.