I know it’s been a while but now that my exams are over, I thought it was about time I “relaunched” ze old blog. And in honour of coming back, I decided to do a Bookish Facts post as kinda of a way to introduce myself again. I’ve really missed blogging and this community, so I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things and do a huge ol’ catch up.
So let’s get on with it. 😆
1. While reading, I can’t switch between different formats. I can’t start reading a physical book and then switch to an audiobook.
2. I try to buy books I know I’ll re-read
3. I always read faster on my kindle. I don’t know why but for some reason I fly through books on it.
4. I can never read books in one sitting and I’m always amazed at those that can.
5. I love reading on public transport, its one of my favourite reading places.
6. I’ve only been in one major reading slump. That lasted for 5 months back in 2014.
7. I can read multiple books at once. Mixing storylines isn’t a problem for me.
8. I mainly read laying down.
9. One of my favourite things about high school was a little bookclub me and my friends had.
10. I love reading negative reviews and seeing why others don’t like it, even if does hurt a little.
11. I don’t get the appeal of Funko Pops.
12. I HATE open ended, ambigious endings. I never feel closure when authors do that.
13. I rarely DNF books. I think I’ve only done 1 or 2 times.
14. I’ve only just started listening to audiobooks and that’s because I didn’t think I could keep up.
15. I watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone before I read the book.
16. I can stop reading at any point. I don’t need to reach the end of a sentence or a chapter.
17. My sisters get the brunt of my emotions when I’m reading, despite the fact they really don’t care.
18. Whenever I spot a person reading, I have to know what book it is. Call me nosy.
19. Mismatching series don’t bother me at all anymore.
20. I like it when chapters have titles.
21. I hate when page one isn’t the beginning of chapter one/prologue.
22. After being disappointed by adaptations countless times, I now “try” to separate the source material from the adaptation.
23. I’m a very impatient person when it comes to books which is why I hate the wait between books in a series.
24. I never cover buy.
25. I mainly buy books online but I love the feel of bookshops.
There you have it, 25 facts.
Thas was surprisingly really fun to do and I hoped you enjoyed it.
As always, thanks for reading.