Another day, another tag post.
The reason why I chose to do the Reading Habits Book Tag is to hopefully give you an idea into the type of reader that I am. This tag was originally created by TheBookJazz over on YouTube (Go check her out!). There are quite a few questions to answer, so let’s get on with the tag!
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Yes. I mainly read on my bed as its the only place in my house where I’m most comfortable. I’ve tried reading on the sofa but it just ain’t for me.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Random piece of paper. Though I have recently got in to bookmarks, specifically the magnetic ones.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I can just stop reading but I have finished off at the end of a sentence. I would ideally like to stop reading at the end of a chapter but sometimes I just can’t make it before the bus stops.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Well that depends. If its small, dry snacks then yeah but if its a full-on dinner then no. Firstly, I can’t concentrate on reading and wrapping the pasta around the fork and secondly I’m afraid that I’ll get food stains on the pages.
Drinking, though, I can totally do.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
No, definitely not. I’ll either get too distracted and I’m not be able to follow the sentences.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several at once. If I’m reading a dense, slower book I would usually read a contemporary alongside it. This helps me break up the slower book, so I actually feel like I’m accomplishing something.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I can pretty much read anywhere as long as it’s comfy. I have to commute to university and so long train ride gives me some time to do a bit reading.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I don’t read ahead, I simply glance a few pages ahead to give me an idea as to what might happen.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I try to keep them as new, but I don’t particularly mind a cracked spine (it just means its been well loved, am I right?)
11. Do you write in your books?
Not if I can help it. If I want to highlight or remember a certain place, I would use flags and post-its.
12. Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to this tag.
Thanks for reading